PbP in theatrical monitor use

urban79

I'm curious if anyone is using a monitor that offers Picture by Picture support in the booth... I'm wondering if this would lend itself to having potentially my mac and windows screens on the same display, or even output the projector to monitor without having to move to see the screen. Anyone ever used one with more than two screens? Would I be better looking at a multiview box?

Chris

I'm holding out for one of those mid air see through displays like they fly the ship with in Picard. But for all my love of all things new and tekkie, unless you are severely counter space challenged, it's much simpler to swap in another monitor when one goes belly up, than to have everything go down when the dual monitor chokes. Most single monitors will let you have 2 inputs and switch between the two.. meaning you have a lifeboat in case of disaster.

We typically use a multiviewer and blackmagic router/videohub. Make the multiviewer one of the router sources and each screen a different source so you can see the big picture, or look at one screen for detail.

The AOC "gaming" displays seem to. I have one for my desktop at home, though I've wound up using on shows before. Fairly reasonably priced - EOS on an ultra wide is a treat I didn't know I wanted - but PIP / PBP seems to be a standard part of their featureset.

"Quad-split".

You can get a couple LG monitors with it built in, but it's cheaper to buy a 4:1 or 9:1 HDMI splitter from Amazon. You're slightly better off feeding a 4K monitor, especially at smaller sizes, but 1080p is serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back