OSC for magicq pc?

Hi, im totaly new here and i'm hoping someone can help me out.
i'm running chamsys magicq pc whit a dual dmx interface (https://secure.chamsys.co.uk/dualdmx) we do small show ex rock shows, dance and some theatre. I have only used pc mouse untill now, i decided i want some real faders so i boght a behringer bcf 2000. i tougt that i was only to connect the usb and do some programing but now i seems useless becuse i can't find any decent OSC program for windows (only for MAC). i haven't used any OSC before so i'm a real newbie (on chamsys also).
i hope there's someone who can help me out.

(sorry for any misspellings or grammatics)

regards // Mathias

Looking at the specs for the BCF2000, it seems to be a MIDI device, not OSC. I have an OSC testing program on my site if you still think you need something like that.

yes that's true as far as i know, it's a MIDI device connected by usb since i dont have a midi interface. (i'm a real newbie in MIDI to :/ ) manual says chamsys can comunicate whit both MIDI and OSC but since there's no MIDI interface (exept bcf2000) i think that's impossible? ( https://secure.chamsys.co.uk/help/documentation/magicq/ 35 midi,30 osc ) i found a god tutorial on youtube (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) how to use OSCULATOR, but that's for MAC only, (maybe it's easier to by a macbook :( ) i think i have to translate midi signal from bcf2000 through a OSC program to chamsys but maybe i'm totaly wrong and there's a easier way?

regards // Mathias

I wish I could help you more, but I don't know MagicQ. I read your post because I just finished adding MIDI control from a PYLE PMDIPD30 slider interface to my own lighting software and thought maybe I could share something from that.
Just scanning the documentation of both of your pieces, one would think that direct MIDI control would be possible without OSC in the middle. A Google search did show some OSCULATOR alternatives for Windows. Good luck.

big thanks :)

got this messege from chamsys "To use midi on PC you need at least:
- or rack mount dongle from Chamsys + a standard midi interface
- or ChamSys MagicQ Midi/Timecode interface, but they are not available anymore"

i dont got the rack mount dongle or midi/timecode interface. only a dual dmx interface som the MIDI funktion is "locked". so now it makes sence why i need to go from MIDI to OSC.
i have found some OSC applications (none whit tutorial etc) so now i don't understand anything instead, computer programing ain't my thing :/ found this and i sound good when i read about it but i dont understand anything at all :/ ( http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixforum/discussion/2135/osc-midi-osc-win-osx )
i tried to make me a Hackingtosh (mac os on windows) but there were some issues so it diden't work at all.
trying to borrow a MAC so i can follow the tutorial abow an see if thats work, otherwise i may need to call some tech support :( :) or find me a computer nerd :)

Regards // Mathias

Users who are viewing this thread

Back