Painting FOH Bulbs

The foundry Dimmers are designed for an LED load. These are all interesting suggestions. Thank you !
Yes, and they're one of the better options for controlling a wide variety of LEDs.... but you still won't know how well these particular lamps are going to perform until you test them. They could be anywhere from awful to barely acceptable, but--wherever they fall--the two types are unlikely to behave the same. From a dimming perspective, I would not follow the suggestion of alternating or otherwise making a pattern of the two different lamp types because that would mean you have a mix of lamps on each circuit. It might work.... but it decreases your odds of success and removes your ability to make adjustments to the circuit based on how a particular type behaves.

If it were me, I would be working on convincing the people writing checks that the old lamps should be written off as a poor life choice and buy a full set of the new ones. Every other approach is kinda gonna suck (as much as I appreciate the creativity of some of the responses in this thread).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back