pancake on shirt collars

jneveaux

does anyone here have an effective method for removing pancake from a white (cotton/poly) dress shirt collar? tried Shout! and similar stain removers, but no dice. one of the shirts in our current production is a rental (came with suit) so may go to dry cleaners, but I asked my cleaner the other day and she wasn't helpful. thanks for any ideas.

That's really odd that Shout! did't get it. I am a fan of OxyClean. You might try Baby oil for the stain then, once the stain is removed you can use alcohol or Shout! to to remove the oil.

First, try OxyClean like Van suggested... I'd let it soak in a bucket of cold water for a couple hours. Then wash and dry via normal routines. Doing that almost always works for me.

Second, take it to your cleaners. The reason the "cleaner lady" wasn't helpful is that she can't tell you how they'd clean it because you can't get the chemicals. Makeup is a common stain on dry cleaned clothes, and several types of makeup remover should be found at every dry cleaner. Just be sure to politely ask them that if the stain doesn't come out not to steam it because the stain will pretty much stay in after that.

Afterthougt... After you tried to get it out, did you dry it? Bad idea. It might not come out anymore if you have...

try a bar of fels naptha (not sure how to spell it - the cover on mine is gone) but it's a bar of soap - wet it and rub it into the make up. it will also works if you shave some off it and throw it in the washer

Wow, I feel silly, apparently one should eat breakfast before posting.

Oh, if it's before breakfast, that's different!

proxy.php

Morgan@Wooster Blog Archive anybody want to do my paper for me? i’ll just nap..

Sorry, I just had to.:p

Derek, does that picture imply that one gets over a short stack with a bunny hop ? :rolleyes:

I usually use dawn dish detergent on make-up. I pour a little dawn on the collar and then warm to Hot water and scrub it out. It works great on any of the oil based make-ups. I am not sure if this will get the make up out if the shirt has been thrown in the dryer and baked in. Good luck!

:)
Well, now you're just splitting hares. You are the resident pedantist, so I suppose that's to be expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back