The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Paper Focus?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by lightdiva, Oct 20, 2005.

1. lightdiva

lightdiva Member

Had never heard the term... But what is a "paper focus" :?:

Lightdiva

2. lightguy2k6

lightguy2k6 Member

I know Lightwrite has a foucs tab, where you can note how you want each instrument focused, shutter lines, etc. That could be a paper focus.

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

4. lightdiva

lightdiva Member

Taking it in context of the conversation, I'm fairly certain they were referring to Lightwrite. If not, my next guess was, focusing close to the instrument schedule and plot intention.

Thanks for the help!

LightDiva

5. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

LW has a Focus Chart, which allows one to log the position of the hot spot, note about edge, placement of shutter cuts, etc..

It's generally a by-product of the instrument schedule, that gets printed and filled in by hand during focus, then logged back to LW for reference later.

Used a lot in Broadway tours by the ASM for focusing at load-in. Generally with a touring rig.

Obviously for static fixtures, though Viveone Leon (Broadway assistant, famous for her paperwork) also uses a method to log all positions of ML's, cue by cue. Did I say she was famous for generating paperwork ?.

SB