Automated Fixtures Patching Elation Spot 250 Pro automated fixture into a Strand Pallet 100

jddgg22

Hey everyone,
As a High School Technical Director I am still learning a great deal, so there is a good chance that this is a highly simplistic question.
My High School had a perfectly operable Elation Spot 250 Pro before our student council hired an outside company to come in light one of our shows. When they left, they left every piece of equipment completely unplugged, including all the DMX to our board.

All and all, I don't know how to get my light working again. We have our fixture plugged into the DMX out in the cats, and then we have two DMX outs in our booth. Currently out board is sending a DMX signal out of the board, into a DMX Branch which is splitting the DMX signal into two different channels (maybe wrong terminology) which are going into the two DMX outs in the booth.

On the board itself, I have patched the Design Spot 950 Pro into the a channel, but I don't know what the "Attr" means and if it needs to be patched in anywhere... I feel as though it has to do with universes, but I have very little experience with DMX lighting equipment and am not sure.

Hopefully this will be an extremely easy fix with the help of more knowledgeable technicians!

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks everyone in advance!

Okay. Somewhere you should have access to the manual for both the board and the fixture. I can walk you through the process on the board, but I don't have the fixture. So for things involving it you will need to look at the fixture manual.

First, you will need to patch the fixture's personal address to what you want it to be. This will probably use the LCD on the fixture itself. Keep in mind this number should NOT be the channel on the board. Make it a number 1<it<512 that is far from any channels you will use. The 250 Pro uses 16 channels so there needs to be at least 16 open channels following this number.

Next, go under patch on your console, highlight the channel you want to use for it (doesn't really matter, something that isn't a dimmer) and hit edit/double click. Select Elation under company and next select the Design Spot 250. For the left channel# they want select any old number that isn't being used by something else, and for the right number select the number that you entered as the address on the console.

Unless I forgot something, it should be working now. Also, you should go to the New Member Board and introduce yourself to the site. The people here tend to be very helpful whenever you have a problem, no matter how big or small.

LXPlot,
Thanks for the help!
After getting the address from the lighting fixture and figuring out that the moving light was run through the 2nd DMX Out as opposed to the first we managed to get things up and running.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back