Control/Dimming Pathport VIA Software Update

Hey y'all,

I am trying to update the software on a Pathport VIA10 switch without success.

After searching the Pathport website I have gotten their managment software installed (Pathport Manager5) and talking with the switch, and the version of software that I want (v3.4.0.5) loaded into the program. When I try and send the firmware update, update begins and then fails, giving me the following error message "TFTP write failed (ERROR: Disk Full)." After getting that message the first time I popped an SD card into the switch hoping that would fix the memory issue, but I am still seeing the same error.

Any one hit this issue before, and if so how did you fix it?

I have never used this particular brand before today so is it entirly possible that I am missing something simple.

Thanks!

You don't mention what firmware the VIA10 is currently running. For switches running 3.3.0.1 or older, it is necessary to "trampoline" through firmware version 3.3.0.2. You must upgrade to this version before attempting to upgrade to 3.4.x.x firmware. Starting with the 3.4.x.x versions, there is a change to the firmware's file size. Earlier versions do not allocate enough memory to unbundle the new version, hence the 'disk full' error. 3.3.0.2 works around this limitation. Also, please be aware that once the switch is upgraded to 3.4.x.x, it is not possible to downgrade to the 3.3.x.x versions.

Both the 3.3.0.2 and the 3.4.0.5 firmware versions are available here: Pathway Connectivity, an Acuity Brands Company - Pathport VIA10 Gigabit Ethernet Switch

If you are currently running 3.3.0.2 or higher, and the switch is failing to upgrade, please contact me directly at [email protected], as you may be the proud possessor of an unknown bug.

I hope this helps,

Robert.

Robert Armstrong
Manager - Technical Sales and Product Support
Pathway Connectivity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back