Peter Pan rigging in Canada?

Looking for rigging/flying companies in Canada who rent flying packages (with flying director supervision & training) similar to the big 3 (Foy, Hall, and ZFX) in the US... I've contacted them and will likely have to book with one, unless I can find an outfit north of the border who can do the same stuff...

Web searches have not turned up any great leads so far, so does anyone here know of staging / rigging companies in Canada that might do it?

(in fact, I suppose even high northern states close to Ontario would be ok :)

Thanks!
David Hoare

I am sorry don't know any in Canada but have used Foy a few years ago to do Petere Pan, up here in northern BC. The show and set up went great, a good group of people.

Just get quotes from Foy, Hall, ZFX, and D2. All are solid companies and your cast will be safe. Don't mess around with trying to find a deal locally. Safety is too important for that

I don't know of any Canadian companies offering flying services. I've had two productions of Peter Pan in my venues. Foy did one and ZFX did the other. Fantastic experience with both companies. Give them a call. They're used to working north of the 49th.

Cheers.

ALL the big flying companies (is there such a thing as a "small" flying company? would we want there to be one? "Dakota Bob's Discount Flying and Bait Shack") will work anywhere globally they can get to.

Being outside of Chicago, I would think maybe Hall Associates would be closest to you, and perhaps lowest shipping costs?

Before you contract them, make sure they know the laws involved with working in Canada. And work rules may be different, so make sure you inquire about that as well.

We loaded in ZFX this week for our production of Peter Pan. They have been great. They work in Canada all of the time. We are a boarder town with Ontario (I can literally be there via ferry in 2 miles). Their flight director even went and picked up one of their Canadian flight directors out of Toronto to watch one of our rehearsals (she had never worked a ZFX Peter Pan rehearsal before). My point is, they are well versed in working in the land of the north, and are a great company to work with. I am already looking forward to having them back later this month for a production of Willy Wonka.

~Dave

Before you contract them, make sure they know the laws involved with working in Canada. And work rules may be different, so make sure you inquire about that as well.

All of the major flying companies are highly international in their work. I wouldn't at all worry about their understanding of international labor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back