Pippin effects

alpteach

Hey all! Here's the situation: we are doing Pippin in the winter and our director contacted me today. He asked that I look in to some "magic tricks" for the show. Any idea what he is talking about and any suggestions for these magic tricks?

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
Did you get the plans for the magic carpet trick in the opening?

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
We got plans for a device that is a platform made of wood and one piece of flat stock.
When you pull the wood away at a certain angle it appears as if the person is floating in thin air.
I believe it is in our rental stock now.

alpteach

Where do I get the plans for the "magic carpet trick"? And what do you mean by "rental"? That sounds like what he is talking about! Sorry, I'm fairly new around here. Thanks!

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
I honestly don't know where they came from, at first I thought it was from the licensing company, but no such luck.
By rental stock I mean that we built it and now rent it to other theatres for a small fee.

Pie4Weebl

Fight Leukemia
Magic carpet? I don't remember that, from my non-bootlegged copy of the DVD. Or is that the name for the hands in gloves in light effect?
yeah, I don't recall that from the DVD. For our production we did a lot of smaller magic gags which worked great.

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I worked peripherially on a production many years ago in college. The T.D. hit the local magic shop for a variety of small flashy tricks. All I remember was building a flash pot into the floor. The set floor had a huge revolving ring with a solid center. I spent most my time in the shop building pie wedge sections for the revolve.

Users who are viewing this thread