Pole-Tent Lighting Question

tbean146

Hi everyone, I was recently asked to figure out how to rig christmas lights to a 30 foot by 50 foot tent similar to this picture. DSC_0250.JPG
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? We're pretty sure we're going to use multi-cable with break in/out's and we can either run up the top (outside) of the tent and drop in the center where a pole penetrates the tent, or we can circuit each string of lights on the perimeter of the tent. We're thinking 8 strings, each on its own dimmer. Thanks for the help!

You'll need to run a messager cable tightly between the poles securing the ends as high up the poles as possible. This will give you an attachment point for the long center runs. I'd suggest purchasing commercial candalabra strings with 2' spacing, they are available in 1000' spools in white or green and can be cut to length.

Best to buy some white socapex cable or at least white edison cables, set them on the holes with some slack before the tent is raised, and it will free up the ground space and not be a distraction on the exterior of the tent. A tall Little Giant ladder is a must for these gigs, and I can send you an idea for a pole clamp that would allow for pinspots at the top. Most tent companies will do some venture of Christmas lights like the one in the picture, and with LEDs on the market, you should pull it off with very little need of power. I have to ask, though - does your 30'x50' tent have a center pole? It will make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back