Automated Fixtures PRG's "Best Boy"

Built in LCD touchscreen? Accuracy of 0.2 degrees? I'm assuming the zoom rage is somewhere from 10 (plus or minus 5) to 60 (plus or minus 10) degrees?

Go to LDI and find out! :mrgreen:

PRG Aus have recently got a shipment with something bearing that marker on the case. They were quickly shipped somewhere else apparently but the point is they exist.

Those Sharpy fixtures are pretty cool. Kenny Chesney(I think) is touring with a bunch of them hanging from the rollercoaster truss. Pretty neat little fixtures.

Also. I heard something earlier today about the Best Boy being a smaller version of the Bad Boy, but with the same lamp. I have a hard time believing they would re-release the same fixture in new housing though. But my contact at PRG says he can't tell me too much.

jimonlight has posted this demo video of the Best Boy 4000 on his site.

[video]http://vimeo.com/jimonlight/best-boy-4000[/video]

It's pink, but specially calibrated shades of pink. See the (newly created, just for you;)) wiki article minus green.

Which brings me back around to a necro-post of mine from last year sometime, about Tommy Tune wanting a very, very specific light pink in the music stand lights (well, they really didn't care, it was Natasha's choice).

The color in question was Rosco 3314 - Tough Quarter Minus Green.

A carefully calibrated shade of pink just for the music stand lights.

(Grin).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back