Control/Dimming Price on ETC Ion

Ion Console - 1024 Outputs

Best deal I found so far. Bring your own screens, so it's not such a bad deal assuming you're like me and don't need fader wings. Shipping is cheap to. I'm rolling one into my student loans because I convinced my loan bank that it's a PC and that it's not fair that they'll finance film students $10,000 PowerMacs and cameras if they wouldn't finance me for this.

I worked out a deal with a local theatre so that I'll make back all my money in rentals before I even leave school:

:lol:

Wow that's a killer price on an Ion.

A friend has suggested that anyone interested should buy their Ion soon. Currently, ETC is pricing Ion to compete for the low budget market. When Element starts shipping that may change.

Last edited:
Ion Console - 1024 Outputs

Best deal I found so far. Bring your own screens, so it's not such a bad deal assuming you're like me and don't need fader wings. Shipping is cheap to.
Agree that's a great price, but price isn't everything.
Support your local dealer! See Best Dealers for Supplies & Equipment.
Nothing against them, but is buygack.com going to save your bacon or help you get a loaner console if yours needs service?
Also buygack does not seem to be listed as an authorized dealer on ETC's site. The three Maryland dealers are BSL Productions, Fisher Theatrical, and Texas Scenic Mid-Atlantic.
I'm sure you'll be fine, as ETC will always support its products regardless of where they were purchased, but just some things to consider.

...price isn't everything.
Support your local dealer!... Nothing against them, but is buygack.com going to save your bacon or help you get a loaner console if yours needs service?
Amen Brother Preach It!

Also if you do establish a relationship with your local dealer, over time you will eventually get prices that are that low (or close enough). When you buy local you are keeping the guy who will save you when things go bad in business.

Also buygack does not seem to be listed as an authorized dealer on ETC's site. The three Maryland dealers are BSL Productions, Fisher Theatrical, and Texas Scenic Mid-Atlantic.

And yes, on the surface Buygack is not on the list, however- Buygack is a subsidiary of BSL and therefore able to sell the product as an authorized ETC dealer.

I agree that supporting the local dealer is huge, as we also try to think buying locally whenever possible. (Then there is the trifle little detail called budget...)

Note these are only list prices. How much you will pay varies greatly. Ion lists at $6750 on that website. People are reporting street prices around $5k here.

As always see this collaborative article if you don't understand how pricing works in this industry and how useless it is to know the list prices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back