Problems with Maxxyz PC

nopeda

I'm trying to try out Maxxyz PC and downloaded the .exe program. The first time I opened it it said it needed three things so I said ok and believe it went online and got what it needed. Then it said something about Windows 7 or later and I clicked ok. The OS is Windows XP, so I hope it will run on that. Then it brought up a wizard window and I clicked finish. It seemed to do nothing after that so finally I opened the .exe program again and got the message:
another time, please run setup again.

Clck Finist to exist the wizard.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
I did it a couple more times with the same result. Can anyone tell me what to do from here, if there is anything to do from here?

Thank you!
David

Sadly, M-PC will not run on anything earlier than Win 7. When they did a complete overhaul of the software last year they decided to not continue Win XP support due to certain features they wanted to include that would have taken too much work to add XP compatibility. Or at least that's what I heard. I do know that after the major software release last year they upped the minimum OS to Win 7.

If you're able to find an older version of M-PC, it will work on XP. I don't remember what software release bumped it up to XP, but I think it was the same release that allowed you to use the Enttec dongle - so you might be SOL if your computer runs XP.

Sadly, M-PC will not run on anything earlier than Win 7. When they did a complete overhaul of the software last year they decided to not continue Win XP support due to certain features they wanted to include that would have taken too much work to add XP compatibility. Or at least that's what I heard. I do know that after the major software release last year they upped the minimum OS to Win 7.

If you're able to find an older version of M-PC, it will work on XP. I don't remember what software release bumped it up to XP, but I think it was the same release that allowed you to use the Enttec dongle - so you might be SOL if your computer runs XP.
In my ignorance I thought XP was later than 7. I have a laptop runnng Windows 7 version 6.1 and have the same problem. Will M-PC not run on that either? If not, what program would you recommend that will run on XP and 7 v6.1? If you can tell me where to get an older version of M-PC that will run on those OSs that might be good...the console we have at work was running one of the first OS versions that came out when the Maxxyz was a new console and that did everything I wanted it to, easier than with the later version we have now, so an older version of M-PC might be the same way. Do you know what dongles the older versions would use?

M-PC should run fine on Win 7. I don't know where to get an older version of M-PC. I really like the newer software layout, there is really no easier software to build effects on than the latest version of M-PC. I'd ask about your specific issue on the Martin Controller Support Forum. There's a specific forum for helping with M-PC issues, located here: Martin Bulletin Board - Martin M-PC installation support

I would be happy to help with your installation problem. I am sure its a simple thing. Email us at [email protected] and reference controllbooth.com. I will keep an eye out for you.
The newer versions of M-PC have a completely new User Interface design specifically for better usability on PC systems. I would not recommend using the older style software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back