Design programming fades and chase sequences

Hi, I know nothing about the lighting world but I am an artist trying to program 3 lights to fade on and off and perform a chase sequence.

I was told by a supplier to by the leviton D4DMX dimmer and the Leviton N3008 DMX controller console. I may have been steered down the wrong path as I can't figure out how to program the light to separately fade on and off.

Did I buy the right equipment? or do I need something else?

I thought this would be a straight forward lighting design but I can't find any info out there.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

frist off the D4DMX dimmer must be set to CH04 so that all of the dimmer outlets work as 4 individual outlets

I have set it to CH04 and I can manually fade in and out the lights on the dimmer. but I can't figure out how to program it. Do you know if it is possible to program fades with this equipment?
I read the user manual but it assumes a certain base knowledge and doesn't specifically describe how to program light fades.

What you have will do simple chases.

We may have a terminology misunderstanding. It will not record individual fades but it does record "scenes" which are sets of levels for each light. To us "fade" involves the time from one look to another. A "chase" is a set of looks that automatically cycle, so that includes the time element.

Check pages 10 & 11 of the console manual. 2 chases are built in. You can also record scenes that have whatever you want for each step, then chase between those scenes.

It may be simpler for you to use the chase functions of the D4DMX. It has fewer options but avoids controllers and cable. You might want to go back to the supplier for some hands-on help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back