Protocol controlled Juggling Ball Dispenser

Hello there,

I recently saw Cirque du Soleil, Amaluna. Great show. The carousel and the grid were quite impressive, but the thing that blew my mind was that they had an automatically controlled juggling ball dispenser. It would drop balls to the juggler on the stage from 3 difference tubes. It hung from the grid during the act and was clearly tied into the show control system. I was wondering if anyone knew who made such a device? Or had more information about how it worked.

Thanks,
Marcus

It could go either way I guess. There were status lights on it that would flash briefly next to each orifice when the ball was released (probably to give the juggler a heads up as to where the next ball would be coming from). There was also a pair of constant on dim blue indicators on each side to mark its position in the air. The fit and finish seemed to me like that of a professional piece of equipment and not a one-off custom device. That's why I thought someone here may be familiar with it. Anyway, it was just super cool and wish I could have gotten an image or video of it to share.

Thanks,
Marcus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back