PSA: ETC Series 3 Lustr VS DMX Iris

So, I'm just putting this up here in case it helps prevent someone from making the same mistake that I just made...

The City Theatrical DMX Iris does NOT fit properly into the Series 3 Lustr body.

The center of the gate inside the Lustr 3 is further away from the opening of the accessory slot than on normal S4 bodies, so the opening of the CT DMX Iris can't physically line up properly with the gate. We detached the outer housing from the Iris (the one that surrounds the motor and holds the PCB/DMX ports), which is the main limiting factor preventing full-insertion, but the bolt for the limit switch is also in the way. With the housing moved out of the way, the Iris sits in the Lustr far enough to kind of align with the gate, but definitely not the way it should, thanks to the limit switch.

I guess something had to give to accommodate the XDLT, but did the 'thing' really have to be the proper use of such a ubiquitous accessory?

That is all. Carry on. Cheers.

I mean, while I would find it amusing to put one of our SolaFrame 3000's into our 110-seat black box, I don't think others would get the same enjoyment out of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back