Conventional Fixtures Q about shutter assemblies in Altman Ellipsoidals

kindredg

I'm designing in a space that has both Source-4s and Altmans on their rep booms. I want to shutter cut the head-highs in straight lines across the floor of the stage. I've done this effect once before and you need to adjust the uptage and downstage shutters in a very sharp V in order to adjust for the natural opening of the beam angle but it does work and makes for a pretty cool effect.
My question is this: I know that the opposite shutters on a Source 4 share the same channel so this limits the extent of V you can make and that Colortrans ERS shutters each get their own channel so you can make as sharp a V as you want, but what about Altmans?

Assuming you mean Altman 360Q's... If memory serves, they should have seperate channels.
However, depending on the age of these lights, you might find what you want to achieve to be a little tricky in execution... A lot of Altman's I have run into over the years have a lot of heat-warping on the shutters, causing them to bind with each other, despite being in seperate channels.

Confirmed. Both that it can be done and that it can be difficult.

V-6x16.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back