Microphones Question about finding the right microphone for 3.5 mm female pack (Sennheiser)

They may not be the best but we use these mics because are actors break so many! Also we just do high school sound so it dose not have to be perfect. We take the clip off and tape the mic on the side of the actors face. Then the pack is covered in a latex glove to keep it dry. Then the pack is mounted where ever it will fit ex (pocket, mic pouch, pants, bra ........) for the current costume. Just today during our run the actors broke 2 of these mics... It was a record day.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...LM2_Replacement_Omnidirectional_Lavalier.html

B& h also ships really fast !
I know most of that had nothing to do with your question. Oh well..

well, that is... umm.... inventive. I don't think that would work very well because the director wants them to be skin tone (and no we will not paint anything). So I was hoping that someone could find me an adaptor of sorts

You two initial choices are a headworn mic or a TA4 adapter. Why the adapter? Do you have microphones for other radios already?

For bang-for-your-buck, you just about can't beat the Madness mics out of Florida.

My preference is still the Sennheiser MKE2, the new Gold Dot version now because it's more sweat-resistant. They sound good and are pretty durable. Get the flesh tone MKE2-EW-3.

We tried some MKE and did not like them at all (though we did not try them on the cheek or in the hair line). We have E6 and Madness omni headsets and are quite pleased (order the Madness with the optional stiffer ear loop, as the standard is quite wimpy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back