Question with Mute Scenes on X Eight by Crest Audio

JHWelch

I am using a Crest Audio X Eight (not sure on exact model) with a Mute scene sequencer. I have been programming in a series of mute scenes, and I got to a number that has an X next to it on the Number line.

For example, so far it has been 044, 045, 046 and then X047

I can't see any problem that it is causing, it seems to be fine, but I am really worried about it.

I went through and there are several other numbers that also have Xs. The manual says absolutely nothing about it, so that wasn't helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Can't help with what the X actually means but I've got an XVCA at work and have also found the X indicator when programming mute cues. There's definitely nothing in the manual about it and I haven't had the time and opportunity to test what actually happens.

However - it's something to do with (from memory - will test later today when I'm at the board) pressing one of the other buttons in that area while you are programming the cue.

I wonder if it's just some way of indicating the start of a Script Scene (as distinct from a Programmed Scene). Would be nice to actually know though. The display doesn't seem to need the character other than for the X. Have you contacted Crest?

Simon Greatwood
Penola Catholic College PAC
Melbourne, Australia

*** I've just emailed Crest tech support and referenced this post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back