Quick advice?

zetpal

I need to get an idea of how much a director would charge when coming in to a high school to direct a large cast comedy (cast of 31- doing Stage Door) when I am providing majority of costumes, props and sets.

Sad situation. I have been predominantly volunteering my time and investing my personal money to grow a theater company to serve the homeschool coop I belong to. Along with a theater friend who acted as producer, we have built a successful company of substantial size and excellent quality productions with full sets, period costumes, lighting and sound systems of decent merit, etc.

Company was funded through student fees for participation and selling advertiser space in the program to companies. In 13 shows I was personally paid about $1000 perhaps 5 times and invested thousands of my own dollars in order to grow the company to its current size. I spend 4-500 hrs/show between rehls and the other hats I need to don. All high school shows were a success and drew audiences of about 500/run. ticket prices are kept low to encourage attendance.

My producer moved and someone else was hired to produce the next show.

in one show, fast forward to the situation that she now sees a warehouse with assets and feels that the school should take now ownership of them. Yes successful company built, now she wants a piece of it. (I know, I know, damn foolish me for being so trusting and innocent. In my defense, Its a Christian group I have been involved with for 10 years... and never saw it coming)

Anyway, I am now in a fight to retain control of the company that I created, invested in and sacrificed for. I am trying to determine what the "going rate" would be in upstate NY for a high school director for a show to have information to base my case on.
Thank you in advance
Sharon

Upstate NY can mean a lot of different things, but for a quick reference, I'm near Plattsburgh, NY and the school stipend for the musical is about $1600...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Around Seattle you are looking at $1500-$2000 for a high school show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back