quick connect snake

As a lower-cost alternative, use a snake with a male fanout and a female stagebox of 6-12 lines. Unplug the XLRs from the wall or FOH/MON split and coil the cable on the drum riser (preferably around the "throne") before rolling into storage. The phrase "drum loom" is often used to describe this practice, as miking drums and running (AND labeling!) all the cables of differing lengths, as the OP has found, is tedious.

Wow, I don't read the thread for a day, and it takes off. :)

We are definitely carpeting the wagon, and it may not jump too much, since our stage area is carpeted (ugh, but then again, almost all churches have carpeted stages).

I'm thinking we may just bundle cables together at the base; the DrumDrop would be nice, but I probably can't justify the cost. Especially as that money could buy me another Source 4, some lamps, gel, etc.

Thanks again for all the great input!

Tom

One more thing, now that you mention the rolling drum platform. Use TWO layers, of 3/4" plywood opposing each other, for the top, under the carpet. Even so, don't scrimp on material understructure, maybe 2x6. And the use of "wagon brakes" will keep it from rolling when you don't want it to; OR build it something like this, which takes the casters out of the equation when not needed. This thread, for a table instead of a platform, but same basic, Norm Abram, idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back