Quick Ion question

Assuming that you want to create a block cue, then I would just hit 1 trhu ### @ 0 enter, where ### is your highest channel. This will create, in effect, a block cue, you may still want to actually tell it that it should be a block cue.

If you just want to take out the lights that are on and not make a block, there are many ways to do this. You could do Goto Cue 0 and then record. I believe that if you are sitting in a cue with nothing captured you can hit enter and it will select all the channels with levels allowing you to bring them to 0. I think you can also use a command similar to thru-on (not entirely sure there is one like that on ION) which again would only select channels with levels.

With the cue I want to go to black running live:

{Select Active}[Out][Record][Next][Enter]

{Select Active} is a softkey available when you hold down the [Select] key.
{Select All} is another option.

[Goto Cue 0] may cause all the NPs to change leading to unwanted scroller zips, focus changes, etc.

I haven't used an Ion but why wouldn't it be any diferent than any other cue? Changing all dimmers that have values and change to 0 and enter that as a cue. I interetsed to learn so it's a suggestion.

Just a couple of other things worth pointing out.

It isn't necessary to select your entire channel range to make a blackout. Just store the blackout cue with the channels that need to be set to zero. Two ways to do this:
[Select Active] [Out] [Record] [Next] [Block] [Enter]
or
[Go to Cue] [0] [Enter] [Record] [n] [Block] [Enter]

(Go to Cue 0) doesn't impact non-intensity parameters, although a (Go to Cue Out) will.

If you later add in channels prior to this cue, they will automatically be set to zero in your blocked cue.

There is a difference between block on Eos and Ion and other desks you may have worked with. Blocking is an editing only function. It doesn't impact playback - where channels respond to their last move instruction. Blocking a channel doesn't treat that channel like a move on playback. So, imagine that you have stored Cue 10 at as a blackout on a zero count, and you've blocked it (always good practice). If some of those lights are already moving to zero from the previous cue, and you go on cue 10, those lights will continue to fade to zero in the time of the previous cue (because they didn't receive a move instruction in cue 10). You can place an assert on cue 10. Assert is the playback equivalent to block. It takes any tracked values (and blocked values) and treats them as a move on playback.

Does that make sense??

a

Last edited:
Sorry for hiijacking this thread but i have a ION related question.

Is the ION able to communicate with meda servers, for instance ArKaos, and get thumbnails? if not, will this feature come in the future?

Sorry for hiijacking this thread but i have a ION related question.

Is the ION able to communicate with meda servers, for instance ArKaos, and get thumbnails? if not, will this feature come in the future?

Ion can certainly control media servers. There are a host of intellectual property issues surrounding thumbnails - as such, (no pun intended) the jury is out.

Thanks,
a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back