Design Quick URGENT question

If these take a R or Par type lamp, you should be ok and not have any melting issues. But if they take MR-16 type lamps, you might. They have a very hot and concentrated beam. I burned through a gel in no time using a JDR-75 lamp (mr-16 with medium screw base, 75 watt) in a par 16. As a gaff substitute, might I suggest a foil-based tape such as muffler tape or HVAC tape, painted black (not duct tape)?

Last edited:
Hey guys... just wanted to let you know this is no longer "URGENT". We had to cut this from the show because we were just toooo busy with other problems. We, I kid you not, had 4-5 bad cables out of 6 I was using for microplex (we have a DMX and Micro system on this... using 2 boards). I took one connector apart because it was in a place that swapping cables would be time consuming, and it looked like a monkey soldered it!

We still are looking at long term ideas. So if anyone has (cheap) long term ideas please share those.

Thanks

The best long term idea is probably two just get rid of it. For all practical purposes what you have a a home system that allows you to more or less aim light bulbs. with the low cost of LED Pars these days, in comparison to your current system they would be a major upgrade, allow for a wide variety of color choices, have low power and no issue of someone needing to peel off what ever tape you choose when someone decides that they need to change the gel for what ever reason.

Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back