Radiance Hazer Question

thelightguy87

I was reading through the manual for the radiance hazer. And I noticed it said this:
An optional Versa Fan can be controlled at the same rate
as the internal fan. Plug a matching voltage fan into the
U-Ground (120 volt) or Lockable Volex Connector (220-240
volt). It will now vary with the internal fan control.

And my question is, can someone just confirm for me that any portable fan can be plugged in to the fan port on the hazer? I always use a box fan additional just to get the haze moving upward, and knowing i can plug it into the hazer and control the speed would be awesome.

Thanks,

Mike

Don't know for sure but I would say no any fan will not work. I have to touring package and also just a stand alone radiance. The touring package came with a fan that works with the matching voltage and also has a control knob built into it. I assume that the transformer in the fan is what makes this thing work properly. I had a show a few months ago and someone was trying to be helpful and plugged a cheap stand alone fan (from walmart) into that outlet. I did not know this and when I turned on the unit and adjusted the fan control for the internal fan, instantly I lost control of the hazer and the dmx for half my rig went down. I doubt the fan caused most of my issues but once the fan was removed the system was a lot happier. So I would be very careful about plugging in any fan...even though my experience was probably just a odd fluke.

I have a fan that I plug into the back of the unit and it worked just fine. I don't run it through there anymore, I now have the fan on my torm pipe, with the hazer on the end of the first elex and I have the fan on a dimmer. I found this gives me more control of the output of haze, but plugging a box fan into the back of the hazer would work. It will control the ext fan with the internal fan. I don't recommend a big honkin fan, but a box fan should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back