Radio Interference with Audio Technica ATW R310 Recievers, Help!!!

I've seen 1000 frequency plots before...

Let's just say that at that point there are SEVERAL backup copies of the data at any given time :)

200+ wireless microphones? That has got to be insane!

Well, as luck would have it, the solution, sort of, revealed itself to me yesterday.

In the middle of the show a couple of the mute buttons on the board died, so we had no (subtle) way of silencing the performers backstage.

This led me to investigate further to find that the RF interference and the amplitude of the noise it was making were two different problems.

The board is totally out of wack, (and it makes sense, its a 24 channel Mackie that is 16 years old and has plenty of "being dropped" or "left in an attic to collect dust for a year" moments in its history)

We were able to find a temporary replacement for the board. The interference still occurs, but not frequently, and it is only audible now if the channel it interferes with happens to be un-muted. My area code is not 94203, and am under the impression that it is not a TV station that is causing interference, because if that was the case, wouldn't it be constant?

Nonetheless, it is working for the show!

My area code is not 94203, and am under the impression that it is not a TV station that is causing interference, because if that was the case, wouldn't it be constant?
TV stations may be using their licensed bandwidth for not just their broadcast signal but also for their own wireless microphones and other RF uses that may vary or be intermittent. But even if their signal was constant, do you always have the same transmitters active and never change which ones or how many you are using at any time? Do the people using your wireless microphones stand in one place and not move? Even if the external interfering signal does not change, what your receivers see may change.

TV stations may be using their licensed bandwidth for not just their broadcast signal but also for their own wireless microphones and other RF uses that may vary or be intermittent. But even if their signal was constant, do you always have the same transmitters active and never change which ones or how many you are using at any time? Do the people using your wireless microphones stand in one place and not move? Even if the external interfering signal does not change, what your receivers see may change.

Oh! I feel like I should have thought of that... That makes sense! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back