Recomendation for a Video Distribution Amplifier

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I've installed a night vision camera in my theater so that we can see what's going on during blackouts in the booth. LOVE IT! Now I want to split the signal and send a duplicate copy to a second monitor at the stage manager's panel 100+ feet away. So, I need a 1-BNC in to 2-BNC out splitter/amplifier. I have a decent budget so I don't want to get the cheapest thing on the market and hate the quality later, but at the same time I don't need the best product available either.

I don't know a lot about video gear and about the only brand I know is Extron, which seems to only make products which do a LOT more than what I need. Recommendations for products which are reliable and sensibly priced?

Thanks!

I've seen the Extron MDA3V (http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=498) used in this application, but I believe that's now a retired product, but one of the other options listed in that category on that page might work, maybe the MDA 3AV?

Yeah I was looking at that one but it doesn't seem to be available. The MDA 4VEQ has everything I need plus nice EQ functions but I'm not seeing it listed as for sale anywhere except for $100 used on Ebay, which tells me it's probably retired or close to it and definitely difficult to find.

Thus I posted this looking for other simple alternatives.

Yeah I was looking at that one but it doesn't seem to be available. The MDA 4VEQ has everything I need plus nice EQ functions but I'm not seeing it listed as for sale anywhere except for $100 used on Ebay, which tells me it's probably retired or close to it and definitely difficult to find.

Thus I posted this looking for other simple alternatives.

CCTV stuff brinks on that weird realm of Security. I would go with something like

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/SDI-Video-Splitter-p/vds-hd102.htm

Viewtron is decent hardware that doesn't break the bank and still had decent specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back