Recommendation needed for DMX RGB LED Flood/Spot Light - Newbie

Hi,

I am new to DMX and looking for some suggestions on an RGB LED that I can use. Here are some other details about learning project and some of the hardware/software that I plan to use.

1. Use the Enttec DMX USB Pro (ENTTEC - DMX USB PRO)
  2. Software: Create my own, hopefully using C# but if not then C++ will be fine
  3. DMX RGB LED Flood/Spot Light (Recommendation Needed); something similar to what is seen in this video: C# DMX Demo - YouTube
Purpose:
  1. Want to learn DMX communication
  2. Want to use the RGB LED as an illuminator for fiber optics where I can control the color without the use of a color wheel.
  3. May write custom software with RFID capabilities to change lighting color based on detection of RFID chip in room
  4. Because it looks cool :)
Any suggestions and recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

It really all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

You can go 100 a fixture and get the Super cheap chinese LED PARS.

You can go 300 and get the decent cheap chinese LED PARs

You can spend A LOT of money and get something like a ColorBlaze or Selador but than its not really a par.

It also depends on if you intend to use them as say uplighting for a DJ or theatre, however based on that you're writing you own dmx software I'd say some kind of other use besides theatre in which case the cheaper ones might be fine.

A couple of quick comments.

C# should work fine. It's what we use for our product. If you have any issues with the driver, shoot me a PM and I can share some code.

Depending on what you mean by "Want to learn DMX communication" you may be disappointed. You will learn how to talk to the Enttec interface, but it keeps you away from the ugly details. Good place to start however.

Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back