Recording system for a school auditorium

The last school I worked for had me live stream different speakers and events. I just used ustream.tv
It got the job done and all I needed was a camera hooked up as a webcam and an audio input.
This might be enough to show the basic principal of what you intend to do on a Very low budget.

Yes... been trying that. Also tried Justin.tv, and the Google Live thingy. Trying to set up a YouTubeLIVE account but its taking forever to know exactly what they require. I don't have much in uploads as, hmmm, I don't have the video setup I require. LoL (meant to sound sarcastic to YouTube, not anyone else!) :) So far I like the Livestream setup, but theres a few more out there. I would much rather visit a local venue that streams and watch/learn how they operate or test a Demo here and there. A demo would be premo for the Board. Another big factor is cameras. They can be just as costly as the AV equipment, if not more. What works best? Wireless transmitters or 100s of feet of cables? Someone had one mentioned to me that if the venue (arena, sport field, theater) had WiFi then I could set up 'remote' locations using a laptop and the inputed camera, then IP them to the hosting desktop to stream out? Would work for something like Livestream I guess.

I'm talking to a few people now about different equipment and I'm beginning to create a 'business plan' to present to the School Board. I appreciate all the feedback the CB community has given me, it has been very useful. My next question is if I'm able to solicit funds on this site either directly or through a link that goes to a resource like a Angel Network or GoFundMe.com? I just want to be able to cover all aspects of funding to include outside sources other than tax payers of the district should the Board feel it is too expensive to fund. With talking to the different dealers, most "complete" systems to stream (with added cameras) will range around $25k. Pretty affordable compared acquiring a production truck, sat uplink, and numerous rack-mountable gear! The good part about being an 'investor' is that ad space could be dedicated to them on a permanent basis. Lastly, stream platforms are cheap to free so realistically there will not be any monthly lease commitments and everything sponsored would be upgrade/upkeep revenue. This should also allow viewers to watch for free, or charge pay-per-view for copyright release fees. A win:win situation is all I can think of. Can anyone point out any negative aspects I should be considering? (I have a list of pro's & con's for my FAQ to the Board)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back