Rigging

Hey,

Happy New Year! Hope 2019 is going great for everyone!'

I was in our High School theatre's genie focusing a light fixture and I noticed the way a section of schedule 40 pipe that hangs one of our borders was hung and it did'nt appear to be hung correctly. Does anyone know if this looks correct?

please see attached images

Thanks,
Russell

IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3455.jpg

Wasn't there recently a thread about using tie line for rigging? And is it usual practice to use a sheave that looks like it should be upright on top of a gridiron as an underhung one or are they universal?

Wasn't there recently a thread about using tie line for rigging? And is it usual practice to use a sheave that looks like it should be upright on top of a gridiron as an underhung one or are they universal?

Depends on the manufacture of the loft block and how they design the "framing" of the block to deal with the forces.

So in other words Russell Reed have a qualified person check that loft block that’s in the background. Also in the nearby background is that odd bit of tieline that to my eye looks loose. so it should just get removed if it’s not there for a reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back