SeaChangers Not Marking

GoboMan

I am lighting a show that uses 24 SeaChangers. I am trying to add mark commands to the cues so the colors are set before fading up from zero, to avoid obvious unwanted color changing. However, when I try to mark them in a cue, the "M" flag does not appear in the cue stack column, and the SeaChangers are not marking.

Is there something I'm missing here? Or do SeaChangers not have the ability to mark? I was under the impression that all non-intensity parameters can be marked.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Any NP that is changing can be marked. The mark instruction is executed upon a selection of channels from the cue where they are changing, specifying the cue that you want them to mark in. However, if they are in use in any cue between the cue you're trying to mark and the cue you're trying to set the mark in, the mark will be ignored.

So let's say I have a set of lights at full set to R80 in Cue 4, and then they fade to zero in cue 5, and then I want them back up in cue 6 set to R27...is there a way to mark that or do I have to write an auto-follow cue after cue 5?

Can you enable automark?

If you do need to write autofollow cues for movement, writing a macro will speed up the process dramatically.

Thanks! I was forgetting to put the "update > enter" after inputing the mark command. For some reason, I thought it updated it automatically. Thanks much! :)

I was suspecting it was something like that but I was already guessing that you were using an Eos family console and speculating you were running some recent version of the software so didn't want to guess too much further.

Marking information is stored in the cue so the cue needs to be updated when in live. In blind you can mark without the need to update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back