Sending mic signal to two different rooms

Cyy

Hey everyone. I'm helping out with a charity event in a couple of weeks and I have a quandary.

There are 2 rooms, and a speech is being given in 1 room. How would I send the signal wirelessly to the other room? would a mic pack on the mixer in each room do it? One set to send and the other receive, is that possible?

Just a quick question about this, does the scenario necessitate using a wireless solution? Perhaps AoE?

Sadly it does. It's 2 dining rooms, and they don't want cables running across the corridor between them.

Correction:
You would need 2 receivers to pull this off...You set the 2 receives to the same frequency

Reactions: Cyy
@AxlD1234 I do definitely agree with you, I have just been taught that when possible hard wiring things is preferable. Also just picking everyone's brain here, if you just needed to go in just one direction wouldn't one transmitter and one receiver work? Hook the transmitter up to any output you want from the speech and then the receiver into the input of the second rooms mixer?

@zargon - Unfortunately there isn't either.

@Axl - So just 2 receivers picking up the same signal from the mic? I think we could do that

Thanks so much for the replies guys, this is what happens when you throw audio stuff at a lampy.

Do a site survey at least a week out. RF can do some weird things and the RF we use is not that strong.

Second, is there IMAG going with this?

Yes....both receivers picking up one signal...You'll need to make sure that both receives are in the right band...and that the frequencies are set to the same thing.

What's the geography of the 2 rooms?
Are they next to each other and what's the wall between them made of?

I'd be nervous about going between rooms with things like double brick walls between them...

Does the venue have built in sound? Most I've been in have inputs all around the rooms that can then be patched via a control room from one room to the other. This would be what I tried before going wireless. The second option would be to run a cable along the wall to the other room and hook up to its sound system. Then I would place a wireless dummy device to disguise it. :)

Unless you have to cross the only door threshold no one will notice. Heck, I've had to run across thresholds and with proper tapping it goes unnoticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back