Setting ColorTube 3.0 DMX Address

davegutt

Howdy all-
I'm brand new to the lighting game and have recently purchased 10 ColorTube 3.0s, a CT3EQ brain and a DMXIS. I plan to operate DMXIS as a VST within Ableton Live to push info out to the tubes.

So far, for testing, I have a pair rigged together. I can get them to slave together and can fire the various dip switches to put them in different modes. When the CT3EQ is included, I can get it to drive the tubes. It can also detect both tubes.

However, I am struggling with how to set the DMX addresses on each tube. Via the CT3EQ, I can assign a DMX Address, but I can't tell if this is taking effect, and am unsure if this is addressing just one of the tubes or simply setting the first point, and its auto-addressing after that. OR- do I need to set each tube's DMX address via the onboard dipswitches?

Thanks very much! I'm sure I'll have tons more questions. Excellent resource here.

According to the manual, the tubes do not use DMX. They use a proprietary protocol between themselves and the CT3EQ controller. The tubes are hooked up in series to the CT3EQ. The CT3EQ does some sort of device discovery to find the tubes.

The DMX address is set on the CT3EQ so an external controller or console can trigger the various things it can do via the CT3EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back