SFX version 6

DaveySimps

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
I am attempting to install Stage Research's SFX verstion 6 software on a new HP dedicated Windows Vista machine. The software installs fine, but when I try and use it for the first time I keep getting the same error message for SFX "a screenshot could NOT be taken of the desktop" "details could not be written to the text log". I tried wiping the machine clear and reinstalling the software three times, and get the exact same end result. It is a new license of SFX we just received a few weeks back. I have been trying to get in touch with Stage Research tech support for two days now, but my calls and email have yet to be returned. Other related software installs fine. Firewall and virus software are all turned off. Any advice on the subject would be appreciated.

~Dave

Weird man. The guys at Stage Research were always really quick at responding to my questions. Did you try the Yahoo SFX user's group? Maybe it's a known problem and discussed there.

I did not, thanks for the tip. I tried a Google search for the problem on line, but really did not come up with anything.

It is weird, any other time I had issues, Brad has always called me back very quickly.

~Dave

Maybe he's sick or on vacation or busy trying to figure out what's wrong with the software. Like you said one of the great things about dealing with Stage Research is they are always fast in their response and personal to deal with.

I think I found out what the problem is. Two folks on the Yahoo group had the issue in December. Looks like Version 6 will only run on a 32 bit system, not a 64 bit. Now I have to find a fix. I just double checked their site, and it does not indicate this. This is a problem since most new Windows OS's are 64 bit (to my knowlege). It would have been nice for them to list this in their system specs since it is a known issue, especially since many people do set it up on a dedicated system. Wish I had known before I bought the new computer to run it on.

Thanks again for the help Gaff!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back