Wireless Shure SLX / PA8055

arexlame

Hey guys, been reading the forums for a while now, so much great information but this is my first post.

We're looking at getting funding to redo school install and I've got myself a tad confused looking at Shure's SLX's and antennas for them. Ideally I'm looking to put a system together with;

- 4 x SLX with SM58 capsules
- 1 x UA844SWB
- 2 x PA805

This is where I end up confused, looking at the manual for the PA805, it only specifies it's use with IEM systems, and does not give any mention to wireless microphone uses. Are they compatible at all in the system that I'm looking to put together? I've read about using active antennas such as the UA874's, but reading around they look to be more complicated then a passive system? Just looking for a few ideas/hints and tips, anything would be much appreciated.

G'Day there.

The 805 will work just fine for this.
Shure in their "wisdom" want to try and sell active antennas for this application and in my opinion as well as many other people's they aren't the right tool for the job in simple systems.

When you buy, make sure it's in one of these frequency bandsplits (for SLX): H5, J3 or L4. Anything else and you need to check carefully that it operates below 696 MHz as anything above that becomes illegal to use after 31 Dec 2014...

Thanks Chris,

You've certainly cleared a-lot up for me. Now all we need is the money!

Correct me if I'm wrong; but if I'm looking to setup a similar setup in our other venue with for instance;

- 8 x SLX with 4 58's and 4 packs
- 2 x UA844SWB
- 2 x Passive antenna combiners
- 2 x PA805's

With those two venue setups in close proximity would you then have one set of paddles in the H5 band, and then the other venue in the J3 for example?

Drop me a PM with which part of the country and the postcode your venue is in...

The passives would be UA221s.

As to splitting the bands, that depends on where you are and what therefore are the most sensible frequency blocks for that part of the country :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back