Simply Circus Rigging Week

Amishplumber

Any one else going to Rigging Week at the end of August?
Anyone interested in having a mini CB meetup if they are?
And if you aren't I hear there are a couple of spaces left!

Rigging Week

I've seen more circus rigging in the last 5 years than most people do in a lifetime.
You still couldn't pay me enough to do it.

However I'm saving my extra cash for Rigstar in the fall.

Take this with many grains of salt, but I've heard some less than admirable opinions around the industry about Rigstar - along the same line as our opinions of Full Sail. I have had zero interactions with them whatsoever, just thought I'd mention it.

I have rigged many circuses, from Ringling to very small circuses. Doesn't mean a class like that would yield an interesting nugget or two. I just pull it off this quickly, especially since my wife is planning a trip for our 25th.

Take this with many grains of salt, but I've heard some less than admirable opinions around the industry about Rigstar - along the same line as our opinions of Full Sail. I have had zero interactions with them whatsoever, just thought I'd mention it.
I'll definitely do more research before I go any further than getting information.
The only other seminar I know of is on the West Coast, and that triples my cost.

BTW, does anyone know if there any CM classes in the Northeast in the next few months?

BTW, does anyone know if there any CM classes in the Northeast in the next few months?

I don't see anything upcoming on CM's website, but I'm sure they'll be adding classes over the next few months. The only one I know of specifically is at Mountain Productions every spring at Mountain School. I took this class this past spring and it was really informative and helpful. In addition to the CM Chain Hoist Repair Certification, there's also an excellent rigging and fall arrest portion, taught this year taught by Eric Rouse. My class had a spread from brand new riggers all the way to head riggers for the largest arena shows ever built. You leave with an official CM Chain Hoist Repair certification card, more swag than you can possibly carry, and a lot of new knowledge. It also counts as ETCP credits, if that's something that interests you. I'd HIGHLY recommend the class for anyone with even a mild interest in rigging.

Hopefully next year it won't interfere with a bunch of shows like it did this year.
Helps that Scranton is only 1 1/2 hours from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back