sirs-e strobe

Well, just looking over the website linked, Im suspicious. Anything thats being sold for 1/6 of the list price on a website is a bit suspect in my view. I have never heard of the supplier, but thats not saying a whole lot. It lacks a blinder feature, which might limit its use in a concert type situation. There is also no information on if you can add a scroller or anything to it, which may or may not matter to you, and the Color temp isnt listed (or i dont see it), which again, may or may not matter to you. Quite frankly, the thing is cheap enough to just buy one and see if ti works or not. If it works for you how you need it to work, then get it. If not, consider another option. The Martin Atomic 3000 seems to be going for somewhere around 500 bucks, so that might be something to check out if the one you mentioned doesnt work. How many do you need?

Its just one more website selling stuff that falls off a truck in china. Their website does not look all that fleshed out. Most people won't buy from a sketchy dealer like that. I have never heard of the brand name. Then again, there is so much cheap crap coming out of china that anyone with a screen printer can put their name on anything and start a brand. My feeling with anything china related is that odds are it infringes on someones patent in the US. However, it is cheap enough that you can buy one and see what you get. Always remember, you get what you pay for.

If your looking for something cheap and easy, I would recomend the cheaplights.com DMX unit. Ive installed a few in low budget bars and there not bad. However I second shiben to get atomics. Cant go wrong.

Last edited:
If your looking for something cheap and easy, I would recomend the cheaplights.com DMX unit. Ive installed a few in low budget bars and there not bad. However I second footer to get atomics. Cant go wrong.

And realistically, at 500 smacks, they really dont cost that much. Sure, you could get 5 of the knockoffs, but Martin is a highly respected company, which plenty of resources to help you out if something isnt working, and their quality is respected, as opposed to unknown. And you can add a scroller, which I think might be the coolest thing ever (anyone, Ill take 10);). Whats a S4 Zoom cost these days anyhow, isnt it around 500 bucks? Just what I seem to remember.

I bought one to use for an install and ended up not using it. We ended up needing non-DMX control. This strobe is DMX only. I went with the 750W strobe from cheaplights.

The sris-e strobe is bright, does basic speed/intensity. Not a bad strobe for the money. For and install it would work perfect. It doesn't feel like it would hold up if it were continuously being set/strike. The glass feels like it would break easily. The color temp is about 5500K. Looks very similar to Diversitronics Dome Strobe Cannon.

Like others have said no blinder effect makes it not as exciting, but for the price what can you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back