Socapex cable runs

EdKaz

Hi,

I have to run 4-2k socapex cables 150' across a open (standard warehouse steel rafters)from distro to truss.
Is there some type of hook to hold the cable? I have been using spansets (short slings)in the past and was wondering if there is something else.

Thanks
Ed

I saw a cable hook that typically is used for entertainment truss (i.e., not the trusses in buildings) but I don't know where. Try Lightsource, or TMB, etc. I suppose you could zip tie them in. Either way, I don't know what the code is so you should check that first.

proxy.php

City Theatrical Cable Hook
Some lighting shops, as well as truss manufacturers, also have their own versions.

This may be more appropriate for a building's structure:
proxy.php

http://cableorganizer.com/erico/caddy-cat-links/

For a portable installation, zip-ties or tieline is traditionally used. Spanset and shackle is even better.

Last edited:
Man....I really wish that I would of thought of something like using spansets run multicable through high steel truss...it would of made my job of running multicable over an ice rink for both the Olympic Speedstaking Trials and The World Cup so much easier...This experience was by far the most difficult thing I have ever done in terms of cable runs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back