Some Rigging Explanation and Help

Bill: What're the services of a structral engineer going for these days?

I gotta new house, and I might be interested in scaring up the fees of one, so's I can get a handle on how things are as they sit. I won't be doing Mary Poppins or Peter Pan, but... :)
I just paid like $600 for an inspection on my house. A lot of inspectors had hourly rates and a lot of ambiguity about how much it would cost. One that was recommended to me offered me a flat fee, so I went with him. Seller had to do $15,000 in repairs to the foundation before we bought. Worth every penny.

One thing to note, if you already bought the house and have this inspection done, you will need to disclose the findings of the inspection when you go to sell....

OK. Is this a "house", as in a new auditorium and stage where you're working, or a house, as in where you live? I was speaking of a structural engineer to look at structure of an auditorium and stage. I thought house inspectors, as my be required for a home mortgage, were generally not engineers or architects.
I read it as an actual house, not a theatrical house since he mentioned that he won't be doing Mary Poppins or Peter Pan.

Home inspectors are not engineers, my home inspector recommended I bring one in so I had to bring in a structural engineer to specifically look at some issues, and I'm really glad I did.

The problems of bulletin board communication. I equally dislike phone and video conferences for important meetings because its so hard to tell if what one just stated was understood at all, let alone with the meanings and subtleties intended and easily done face to face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back