Control/Dimming Something new coming soon: Martin M1 console

I was flipping through a catalogue that supports a large number of major brands, and I saw the Martin M1 listed and for sale in it.

Not sure the name of the book.

Re: Nice review on the Martin M1

Thanks for the great feedback Victor!

Great pictures of the show too!

If you have any more comments or anything don't hesitate to post it here or contact me directly, We love user feedback, after all, you're the one making use of our products!

Re: Nice review on the Martin M1

"The only beefs I had about it, however, were that somethings were overly complex for no stated reason at all. Such as:
1. the differences between submasters and sequences. Yes, there is one. If you record one cue as a submaster, it's one cue and can't take an additional one on the stack. If you record it as a sequence, it can take additional cues, and it functions exactly like a submaster... except with different rules (submasters engage when you bring the fader up, sequences reguire you to bring the fader up and hit the go button... unless that's the last handle you changed, in which case you don't have to bring the handle up, simply hit Go, OR bring the handle up and back down again). "

There are very good reasons to make a difference between Cuelist and Submaster.
Submaster only work fir intensity and RGBAW parameters, internally they are far more efficient and easier to deal with, particularly when a show uses hundreds of submaster. On a submaster there's no need for a Go,Pause,Back, it only works with one cue and the button is by default a flash.

On a cuelist you have a Go,Pause,Back, etc... if you want you can assign a Go and Release to the fader, you do that in the Cuelist Option window.

And the Override mode allow you assign any parameters to the fader such as Focus, zoom, intensity or whatever else...
It always has priority over anything else.

"2. External monitors and arranging palettes. I created a window on the external monitor. Once. By accident. None of the techs managed to replicate that feat. There's no intuitive way to do it. "

Very simple. Unlock the view creation in the main drop menu. From that same menu select the window to add (let say fixture group) and then click on the second monitor where you want the window to be. Resize and position , then hold RECORD and Press the View , name the view and that's it!

Thanks for your feedback Adam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back