Control/Dimming Something new coming soon: Martin M1 console

I'm only jealous if it's 1) Made entirely of carbon fiber, not aluminum with carbon seat stays. 2) Got Red or DA, 3) Maybe a Dogma ?.

Let's see if these terms are understood by the poor lighting folks hangin' round these parts.

I'll play (I'm only confident about #1):

1. Carbon fiber- a woven cloth thing made of (surprise) carbon combined with a glue like substance which hardens it.

2.Red and DA- Networking related things

3. Dogma- do you mean DOGMA

Care to expand my mind?

Well Corbet was headed in the right direction and I took a stab that PaulP's "bike" was a true bicycle.

The current high end series of road and mt. bikes are made entirely of carbon fiber. It's not unusual for the really expensive models to additionally have carbon handlebars, stems, cranks (front gears), rear derailer (shifting mechanism), as well as seat post and parts of the seat, pedal and shifter/brake levers. You can even get bottle cages - the things that hold a water bottle on the frame, in carbon, as well as carbon bike pumps.

Red and DA refer to the component groups that make up the drive train, with Red being the top of the line road group (groupo) from SRAM and DA being DuraAce, the top of the line groupo from Shimano.

Dogma refers to the Pinarello Dogma, which is the top of the line road bike from the Italian manufacturer of the same name. Roughly a $6,000 dollar bike, which believe it or not, is not the most expensive bike out there, but this model is considered to be a fine example of an off-the-shelf (not custom built for the user) bicycle.

As one might suspect, this is my other passion, though I don't have a Dogma. Not even a Dog.

Well Corbet was headed in the right direction and I took a stab that PaulP's "bike" was a true bicycle.

The current high end series of road and mt. bikes are made entirely of carbon fiber. It's not unusual for the really expensive models to additionally have carbon handlebars, stems, cranks (front gears), rear derailer (shifting mechanism), as well as seat post and parts of the seat, pedal and shifter/brake levers. You can even get bottle cages - the things that hold a water bottle on the frame, in carbon, as well as carbon bike pumps.

Red and DA refer to the component groups that make up the drive train, with Red being the top of the line road group (groupo) from SRAM and DA being DuraAce, the top of the line groupo from Shimano.

Dogma refers to the Pinarello Dogma, which is the top of the line road bike from the Italian manufacturer of the same name. Roughly a $6,000 dollar bike, which believe it or not, is not the most expensive bike out there, but this model is considered to be a fine example of an off-the-shelf (not custom built for the user) bicycle.

As one might suspect, this is my other passion, though I don't have a Dogma. Not even a Dog.

I am also somewhat of a cyclist, but I did not know that Red was the top of the line of SRAM - I mean come on, everything aside from Campy Super Record and DA is a joke ;). As for the Dogma, what a beauty!

I meant on the video camera used for the teaser, but thank you for intuiting something much more intellectually rigorous.

The Product Page for the New Martin M1 is live
Product - M1™

Before anyone asks...
Martin M-One MSRP USD 15995 !
See also Pricing- "How much does a _____ cost?".

(I still don't get what "M1" has to do with a right triangle.)
proxy.php

http://martin.com/product/product.asp?product=m1

I am familiar with the practice of using carbon fiber in bike frames.

Shimano, really! Campagnolo is where its at.

Last edited:
I second that opinion.

Bah !. When Campy abandoned the mountain bike market I gave up on them.

Esthetically wonderful designs, very good precision equipment, extraordinarily expensive, lousy selection of road cassettes, but I do prefer the shifter cable routing. Note that I have 1 bike with Campy shifters that work very well, but run Shimano cassettes on Shimano hubbed wheels.

SB
1 Tommaso carbon road bike
1 Lemond titanium road bike
1 Miyata steel touring bike
1 Specialized FS mt. bike
1 Fuji steel HT mt. bike
1 Vision recumbent

It's a frigging disease !

Hummm I guess the next time I want to have a serious conversation on lighting product I will have more chances on a bike component manufacturer forum than here!

Possibly, Paul, possibly.

Steve - That's quite a collection you've got there! I am still young, and my cycling hobby is fresh, but I'm sure it will grow. As of now, I have an Orbea Aspin Sport with Campy components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back