Sophisticated Airplane Lighting

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So we’re boarding a southwest plane. I look over to see a full blown touch panel for the lighting of the entire plane. Looks like inside and out.

First time in all my flying I’ve ever seen it.

84DC665E-B3E2-4CA9-82E9-2058F465500C.jpeg

Bonus points if someone knows the manufacture.

Double bonus points if it’s one our community’s companies.

Mike did you cheat and google it.

I wonder how much cost & weight per plane they waste on this @#$%. Seems like an off-on switch and a circuit of LEDs would do the job. Sweat on, airline passenger!
I have a feeling that you have a choice of a hidden connector and a technician to come around and make adjustments or just install the panel.
Considering how many other screens are already on the plane, it seems like it would make more sense to just put one in every plane so adjustments can be made as needed instead of paying a union tech $100/hr to reprogram the panel.

I could see a flight being delayed because the blue LED string in the cabin died and therefore it was too dark to fly and the plane was grounded until the tech could come out with his panel and choose some other color that was bright enough to use until the PSU for the blue color was replaced. Or whatever other scenario.

I flew on an Etihad A380 and it was blingtastic - first time I had seen all that onboard LED nonsense. And there was lots of it, together with twinkly stars in the ceiling panels at night.

I flew on an Etihad A380 and it was blingtastic - first time I had seen all that onboard LED nonsense. And there was lots of it, together with twinkly stars in the ceiling panels at night.

I mean those are the super planes of the sky right now. I’m not surprised they come with all the bells and whistles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back