Sound Equipment Set Up

Filliam

Dear friends, thank you for your commitment to helping people like me. I have the following equipments for sound and looking for the best way to set them up for best live sound in outdoor gospel crusades. Am new to sound management. Your kind help will be greatly appreciated.

Behringer Xennyx 2424 16-channel mixer
Crest Audio CA-18 5000W power amp
Autmi Zenith Series Power Amp Z-1200
Dbx 2-way cross over
Four Ev 15'' top speakers
Two Martin Audio Full Range speakers
Two Martin Audio 18" double bass speakers
Two 15'' monitor speakers
2 cord mics and 2 wireless mics
2 Keyboards
1 Bass guitar
1 Electric guitar
1 accoustic guitar

I will greatly appreciate any assistance that can educate me in sound.
God bless.

You're going to need a LOT more help than advice on a forum can give you...

The first thing I would do is tell whoever asked you to "operate" all that equipment that you are going to have to bring in someone who has more experience, and it's probably going to cost some money. BUT, you will learn, and - if you find someone who is reliable - the event should go smoothly.

You don't need advice from a forum, you need first-hand experience and training from someone who has been the doing this for a number of years in a professional manner (read: insured and certified).

There is WAY too much to talk about when it comes to all the things you have listed here. If you were to read through every post in every thread of this entire forums section (Sound, Intercom, etc.), you could grasp the concepts and possibly gain an idea of how things should work together. But, that's like drinking water from a firehose...it's too much to take in in such little time.

You really need a person to help you...but, until you find someone, read up all you can on here, ProSoundWeb, and SoundForums. Also check out Rane for many great articles and a fantastic glossary of audio terms.

If you don't have Internet access all the time, try to print things out or save them to a USB thumbdrive or CD, etc. for viewing later on a computer.

Knowledge weighs nothing and is very powerful.

Last edited:
I have to agree, you can start with basics such as that the signal flow would normally be mixer main outputs to crossover to amps to speakers for the mains and mixer aux outputs to amp to speakers for monitors, but there are a lot of steps and "it depends" in getting from that to a properly set up system and decent mix and having someone with appropriate knowledge there to help you would be by far the most effeicient and effective approach. If that is not possible then you might start by looking at the manuals for your equipment, and especially the mixer and crossover manuals, as they will likely have some information on how to connect up a typical system and perhaps even some hints for operating the related devices. The manuals are likely available online if you do not have them and may help get you started to where you then have some more specific questions.

To be able to address some issues and potential questions it would help to know the actual models for the wireless microphones, crossover, speakers, etc.

You mention four EV speakers, two Martin Audio speakers , two Martin Audio subwoofers and two monitor speakers, however while I can find very little information on the Autmi amplifier you seem to have just four channels of amplification. Thus it is not clear how you would use all of those speakers as you don't apper to have the processing or amplification for multiple speaker zones, delay or front fills and so on. With four channels of amplification for the mains, subwoofers and two monitors your options may be rather limited. This is where information on the speaker models might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back