Source 4 LED Fixture for Strand 520

twmiller

Hello CB,
We just purchased the new Source 4 LED Lustr+ Cyc units this year and want to operate them on our Strand 520 console. For the past couple shows we were able to patch each address to a "desk" channel on the console. This was very inconvenient but worked in a pinch. I have tried creating a new fixture in the fixture library in the board but have run into the issue of having too many new attributes. Has anyone successfully tried this on the 520 before? Does anyone have any good tricks with the text file for the fixture library? Thanks for the help!

Hello CB,
We just purchased the new Source 4 LED Lustr+ Cyc units this year and want to operate them on our Strand 520 console. For the past couple shows we were able to patch each address to a "desk" channel on the console. This was very inconvenient but worked in a pinch. I have tried creating a new fixture in the fixture library in the board but have run into the issue of having too many new attributes. Has anyone successfully tried this on the 520 before? Does anyone have any good tricks with the text file for the fixture library? Thanks for the help!
I don't know the 520, but you might be better off using the HSI or RGB mode. this will allow you to control the fixture much more easily than using desk channels, or perhaps even than building a library.

What "to many attribute" problem are you talking about?

Read this: Bobby Harrell Lighting Design
Specificly the autmated lighting adendum. That will walk you through it. You can always modify some of the attributes in favor of more color ones. IE, if your not using CMY, you can change those.

For your own sanity though, I would run them in HSI as @twmiller said. Without a color picker your going to want the light to do the heavy lifting. Lucky they included a control channel so you don't have to fake out your auto move while dark.

Hello CB,

Have a look here 500 Series Fixture Library Registration | Strand Lighting - A Philips Group Brand and you can download an updated fixture library that has a Lustr in an 8 channel mode. If that doesnt do what you need, it shoudl be a good place to start editing and expand with the rest of the channels.

Bobby Harrell has great information on running smarter lights on this console.. I have used the group function to record commonly used colors and assigned them with macros to the P keys, which speeds up programming. Once you get the macros built and mapped to the P keys, you can update the colors assigned by updating that color group.

Rob Montgomery
Edmonton, Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back