Source Four Multipar Pricing

Oh Really Now? I'm sure ST would be very interested to find this out....

I am assuming you are making reference here to the patent infingement suit against Lighttronics.

I could be wrong here, but using a specific lamp in a device isn't quite the same thing as what lighttronics is doing/did. And this manufacturer may be paying some sort of royalties to the patent holders on the HPL lamp, if they are needed. They didn't copy the fixture, or try and copy the lamp. They took an existing product and put it into a new application. I am not really up on my patent law, but that in and of itself might be patentable...

I am assuming you are making reference here to the patent infingement suit against Lighttronics.

I could be wrong here, but using a specific lamp in a device isn't quite the same thing as what lighttronics is doing/did. And this manufacturer may be paying some sort of royalties to the patent holders on the HPL lamp, if they are needed. They didn't copy the fixture, or try and copy the lamp. They took an existing product and put it into a new application. I am not really up on my patent law, but that in and of itself might be patentable...

I was just under the impression that only ETC products could use HPL for some reason I was never clear on.

Got any links to a fresnel that uses an HPL, I would love to be done with 500 watt fresnel lamps?

The Behringer Ultrapar can use either a lamp with a G9.5 socket or an HPL lamp. This got them in trouble with ETC and they are no longer for sale in the US. Occasionly they can be found sitting in the storeroom of some music store, as they were the main dealers for them. They have a few minor problems as far as quality, but those are correctable with about 15 minutes labor. Their wide lens is "CRAP", but the ETC par lenses are compatible.
OK!! now let the comments begin with patent and artistic license. Each must answer their own morality issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back