Stage Pin Quad Box

I saw that just an hour ago. Still don't know it'll make enough of a difference. Almost need a right-angle DMX and/or powerCon connector IIRC.
Or simply a longer yoke? FWIW, the same problem exists on my Chauvet COLORsplash Jr. and other generic LED Pars also. Really annoying on Source Four PARs mounted with thru-bolts on a six-bar. "ETC too stingy to add 1/2" to yolk [sic]."

The real question I have is that we are progressing toward a world where fixture wattages will be in the hundreds as compared to the thousands. At some point, the 20 amp 12/3 SO standards are going to look insane. I am reminded of my last trip to Disney where I observed a 22 gauge Christmas light strand plugged into a 12/3 cable by itself.

LEDs are going to change almost everything we assume in current theater. Although current distribution systems for these fixtures parallel what we are using for movers, it seems to be an environmental waste of resources. Perhaps branch circuit structure needs to be reexamined. Maybe a new 10 amp standard could be in our future, with its own connectors, cables, and OCP systems.

The real question I have is that we are progressing toward a world where fixture wattages will be in the hundreds as compared to the thousands. At some point, the 20 amp 12/3 SO standards are going to look insane. I am reminded of my last trip to Disney where I observed a 22 gauge Christmas light strand plugged into a 12/3 cable by itself.

LEDs are going to change almost everything we assume in current theater. Although current distribution systems for these fixtures parallel what we are using for movers, it seems to be an environmental waste of resources. Perhaps branch circuit structure needs to be reexamined. Maybe a new 10 amp standard could be in our future, with its own connectors, cables, and OCP systems.

On that note, if we're switching to a new entertainment LED standard, it would make sense to examine the voltages as well. A 10 amp, 208-230v rated plug would have the potential to be a worldwide standard, and let us keep using pretty much the same number of fixtures as on the current US 110-120v standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back