Control/Dimming Strand 300 series Moving head effects

I have a strand 300 series board and i need to program some effects with moving heads for a show. I cannot seem to get the mouse to do anything on the board. ( not sure if it isnt set up correctly or if something else is wrong). the mouse works on a pc. is there any other way to edit and record effects without the mouse

the pc was a hp compaq desktop computer that dual triple booted windows xp, 7 and linux. the mouse is a generic compaq anolog(non usb) mouse. the keyboard came from the same computer and it works just fine

"
When you initially connect a mouse to a 300 Series console, the mouse will not operate until you set the Mouse Net Node and Port fields in the User Setup Screen. To do this, press <SETUP> then press [SHIFT] [0] to enter cursor lock mode. You can then use the cursor keys on the console keypad to highlight the Net Node and Port fields and the [+] or [-] keys to set the options. "

"
Microsoft or Logitech 2-button PS2 or serial mouse
Microsoft or Logitech 3-button PS2 or serial mouse
Microsoft Intellimouse or Intellitrackball or Logitech equivalents. "

ok so that fixed the problem. the setting was set to com 1 it should have been set to ps2. one question is there a way to increase the sensitivity of the mouse, it is really low and i have to move it huge amounts to go up 15 percent

one other question if i bought a new logitech usb trackball mouse and used a usb to ps2 converter cable would it work with the board or do i need to find a ps2 trackball

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that one. My theater's 520i has a working built-in trackball, and our 300 face panel isn't working so much (we've also upgraded to two IONs so not much incentive to work on the 300. I would think it might work if you use as close a version as possible, but I'd keep the receipt or buy a cheap used one.

Yes, a USB mouse/Trackball with PS/2 adapter will work with the 300 Series. You should also be aware that the 300 Series has built in effects patterns for moving lights that you can just apply to a channel and record into cue or subs.

How do i acces these effects they seem to be missing from my effects page
That is because they are not "effects," in the effects engine, they are actually channel attributes that you have to add in patch. They come out to be attributes in .900 range. I can't remember off the top of my head how you add them in the channel, it has been a couple years since I sat at my strand desks. I feel like there was a soft key in patch that allowed you add them. Then you just put those attributes at a level and the fixture would do the effect. The level of the attribute controlled the scale. I'll have to pull out the book for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back