Control/Dimming Strand 430... Do you want it?

Hey Guys,

I'm currently a first year student on a technical theater course at Stratford Upon-Avon College, UK and we currently are very low on equipment for us to further our knowledge as we only have old and must out dated equipment.

We currently have a Strand 430 that is not booting. When we turn it on it will get to a point that says 'no OS installed', I have been looking around various websites and have found a number of different people looking for these desks as they are still very good desks and I totally agree that they are!

So to cut a long story short, my lecturer has asked me to look around and see if there is anyone who is willing to take this desk of our hands, for a swap or small payment. It is in 'OK' condition, just needs a bit of a clean, we are willing to give you the 'Riggers Remote' along with it if anyone is interested?

I will post some pictures shortly.

If you are interested or have any questions or queries; post them hear, message me or drop me an email; [email protected].

Thanks guys and I look forward to maybe hearing from you.

Ricky

672_5311.JPG672_5312.JPG672_5313.JPG672_5314.JPG672_5315.JPG672_5319.JPG672_5316.JPG672_5318.JPG672_5320.JPG672_5321.JPG
pencil.png

If you were to load the OS and get it to fully operating condition, it might be easier to unload...

It's very pretty :lol: I wish I had a need for it :(

I would be all over it if it was not for the shipping.... might need to look into that.

I would be all over it if it was not for the shipping.... might need to look into that.
How much is the shipping? Do you know?
let me know if you are ever intrested in getting the os...
Do you have the OS disks you would be willing to loan to someone to put on the board. I would like one!... Maybe...

Edit: I just checked, and to ship from Stratford-Upon-Avon to Spokane, WA, would be $636.15.

Last edited:
Make sure you specify terminal pickup, or you'll end up getting quoted for home delivery with lift gate service.

Thanks. And I just checked FedEx and they will do it for $260.

If I didn't have one sitting in storage already, I'd be all over it.
I was going to suggest posting this on Blue-Room, but I see you already did
Good luck offloading it, sorry to see such a lovely console getting no love

I have to agree, hate to see a lovely old console that appears to be in really good shape not getting the love and attention she deserves. I can think of a few places that may give her a good home, but again for the shipping charges.
If I had the funds to ship it and such, I'd get it, I know a community theatre that'd love that beauty.

If I didn't have one sitting in storage already, I'd be all over it.
I was going to suggest posting this on Blue-Room, but I see you already did
Good luck offloading it, sorry to see such a lovely console getting no love

I have to agree, hate to see a lovely old console that appears to be in really good shape not getting the love and attention she deserves. I can think of a few places that may give her a good home, but again for the shipping charges.
If I had the funds to ship it and such, I'd get it, I know a community theatre that'd love that beauty.

I would like to see it haveing a good home...like mine! Still trying to see if it will work out...

from a technical standpoint, I suspect that you (worst case) may need a new hard drive. If that is done, then load DOS 6.22 (I've found that before on the net so that shouldn't be difficult) and then load the 500 series operating software. It's available at Strand Lighting - A Philips Group Brand.

remember that the 400 series was a precursor to the 500 series so it runs the same software.

Good luck.

Ricky,

Please reply to my email of 5/11/2011. If you can't please have the lecturer contact me. I need a response.

Hey Guys,

I'm currently a first year student on a technical theater course at Stratford Upon-Avon College, UK and we currently are very low on equipment for us to further our knowledge as we only have old and must out dated equipment.

We currently have a Strand 430 that is not booting. When we turn it on it will get to a point that says 'no OS installed', I have been looking around various websites and have found a number of different people looking for these desks as they are still very good desks and I totally agree that they are!

So to cut a long story short, my lecturer has asked me to look around and see if there is anyone who is willing to take this desk of our hands, for a swap or small payment. It is in 'OK' condition, just needs a bit of a clean, we are willing to give you the 'Riggers Remote' along with it if anyone is interested?

I will post some pictures shortly.

If you are interested or have any questions or queries; post them hear, message me or drop me an email; [email protected].

Thanks guys and I look forward to maybe hearing from you.

Ricky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back