Strand 520i - Can't set levels of channels over 200

etskinner

I'm having a weird problem with my theater's Strand 520i. Channels over 200 show on the channel screen, yet cannot be controlled. For example, Typing "250 ON" or "250 (turn wheel)" or "250 @ 50" each don't do anything to 250. However, these channels can be controlled by the subs they were programmed in before this problem started.

The board is running firmware version 2.8.6.

Here's what we've tried so far:
-Restarting the board
-Changing around a few user settings

Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

Thanks for any info

A few random thoughts:

Check to make sure those channels are assigned and patched. Hit the Report key and check that you have more than 200 channels; it will be on the right side under intensities. then check to make sure the channels aren't inhibited somehow, or patched to a different output. Hit 250 Report; it will show you the details of the channel, what dimmer it has patched, and where in the show it is used. Do the channels not show up on the screen when you adjust the channels, or do they show up as onscreen but no light is turning on? What about when you raise the sub that does control the channel?

Also you should make sure that your submaster mode is "pile-on." Some other sub modes would prevent you from altering the level of the channel any other way than with the sub.

Hey guys, just wanted to follow up on this thread, I know how frustrating it is when a thread starts and then the solution isn't posted.

Here's what we did to fix the problem:

After loading a different config/show file, the problem went away. There were several files on the console that would cause the problem, but restoring to a much earlier one solved it. We made a template file out of the old file, and we now copy that template file to any new show we make.

Thanks for the ideas, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back