Control/Dimming Strand VL16 and touch screens? Help please!

Pats_mcc

My theater just took delivery of a new Palette VL16 from Strand and I'm now looking into touch screens for it. I see in the manual that Strand says only elo touch screens should be used but I'm wondering since the console runs on widows XP if it's possible to use any touch screen compatible with the operating system?
If anyone has any experience with this please help, elo screens do not fit into our current budget but now that I have a new toy I would love to trick it out with touch screens.

While it does run Windows XP, there is no way to get admin rights to install needed drivers without breaking into the system and making it potentially unstable. If you could find touchscreens that don't require drivers to be installed and will appear as a generic mouse, that might work. While it does run Windows and you can access the same Windows control panel and Internet Explorer like a full computer, there's all sorts of non-essential features that are stripped out of embedded versions.

Don't the new consoles run 7 Embedded now?

Preview
The only touchscreen that will work with the Palette and Light Palette consoles is the ELO Accutouch. First generation Palette and Light Palette consoles came with Windows XP Embedded but the current Palettes and Light Palette consoles are shipping with Windows Vista Business Embedded.

If you are looking for something cool to control the console with, I would suggest looking into the Palette IRFU app. If you have any questions about the console, feel free to me contact me. Thanks

Palette iRFU on the App Store on iTunes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back