Strand Wireless RFU

DCATTechie

Equipment:
Strand Palette VL
Linksys WRT54GS Router
Windows Embedded HP IPAQ Remote
Various Ethernet/Crossover Cables

This is quite embarrassing:oops:. I had set up our remote(used to be wired) to be wireless using the above equipment. There is a crossover cable coming out the back of the console and going into the RFU port. I have the router plugged into the RFU Distro on the catwalk. I set the Router to be a Static IP of 192.168.0.200, and the remote to use a static IP of 192.168.0.16. I connected the remote to the RFU wireless network and started up the remote program...and.... it worked!!!

The problem you ask?

I accidentally (long story) reset the router back to factory default which obviously cleared out all of my settings that I had for it. The problem is when I go back in to configure the router to use a Static IP, it will no longer accept the IP and gives me error messages such as GATEWAY IP ILLEGAL and IP ADDRESS AND SUBNET DO NO MATCH. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, as I had it working before. I was stupid enough to not write down the steps when I got it to work and have definitely learned my lesson:(.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

What are you using for subnet mask and gateway? They should probably be 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.1, respectively.

Also, are you connecting to a LAN port or the WAN port on the router?

-Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Back